Ensuring High-Quality Executive Selection Decisions
Every day, companies around the world struggle with decisions about how to fill critical executive roles.
Many applicants for an executive position have a strong resume and can ace the interview—which makes it challenging to differentiate between candidates and uncover potential concerns.
In addition, assessing a candidate for cultural fit may also be a concern when you are considering external candidates. Even if the external candidate has all the right skills, if their personality or style clash with the rest of the organization, it can hinder their success and cause other problems.
So, how can you ensure that you make high-quality selection decisions for critical executive roles? The key to making better hiring decisions is to use a multifaceted assessment process that provides objective, data-driven information on each candidate to identify agile leaders with the critical capabilities to connect, adapt, and deliver with impact.
Leadership assessments augment interviews and résumés, giving you a more complete picture of each executive candidate’s suitability for a role prior to making your decision. OnPoint Consulting helps organizations assess candidates to inform selection decisions and ensure an effective onboarding process.
Make Sure You’re Choosing the Right Talent!
Need help choosing between several strong candidates for an executive role?
OnPoint can help you assess candidates so you can be confident in your selection decisions. Contact us today to get started.
Check out the following resources for leadership selection and development.
Webinars Hiring for Cultural Fit: How to Create A Happier, More Loyal Workforce
In this webinar, OnPoint Consulting Managing Partner Darleen DeRosa will guide hiring managers through the art of assessing employees for cultural fit.Watch Now
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hiring – Find and hire the people who will be high performers and ensure cultural fit.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Create perceived and real fairness in organizational decision making through talent assessment, and gather data to optimize cultural integration.
- Private Equity – Help ensure that the right team is in place to meet your business objectives by providing crucial information for shorter-term decisions and longer-term business planning.
There are several benefits:
- They help increase the accuracy of the assessment process.
- They help validate the findings from the interview and 360° referencing.
- They produce important information about individuals that is hard to detect in an interview.
- They help us assess leadership potential.
- They are especially effective in providing an overview of people skills and emotional Intelligence (EQ).
Our process is very flexible and is typically customized to meet the client’s needs. It generally includes one or more of the following:
- Leadership Questionnaires to assess key leadership characteristics, preferences, and motives, as well as potential leadership “derailers”.
- An in-depth interview to assess the individual’s experiences and review the results from leadership assessments.
- A 360° survey or telephone referencing to gather behavioral examples from direct reports, peers, managers, and other constituents.
After the data is collected we prepare a comprehensive report that integrates all of the information from the assessment. The report is initially reviewed with key stakeholders (e.g., the Board, the person’s manager, and the HR Business Partner) depending in the purpose of the assessment. When appropriate, we also review the results with the person being assessed to facilitate on-boarding. In many client situations, we also prepare Board summary slides.